Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Butterflies


I used Butterfly Wings this months stamp of the month and Treasure Life stamp sets from CTMH. I stamped the butterflies in chocolate separately then cut them out. They were then colored with the water brush using tulip and buttercup ink pads. I then used Liquid Glass to adhere the Prisma Glitter, they are attached with 3-D foam squares. For the stamping of the flowers I did not do anything special since the colors were so light, but you could stamp each flower then cover with clear embossing powder heat then stamp the next flower then there will be no overlapping of colors. After stamping the flowers I then lightly sponged crystal blue over the flowers. To create the decorative oval I used a corner punch from S.U. and removed the plastic guard this allows you to do edges and round shapes all around and not just for corners. I started at the top to punch and then went to the bottom then a quarter of the way around on both sides. On each side of every punch I then punched again. I have done it perfectly using a circle shape and it could of been spaced perfectly on the oval if you want to take the time to mathematically figure it out. I was happy with how it looked except I did not like how it looked with the open area behind so I used another piece of Blush cardstock to matte behind it then I mounted it over paper from That's Amore.

No comments:

Post a Comment