Thursday, March 19, 2009

Art Work From My February CTMH Club







This is a layout we did for February, I have added some details once I added pictures which were not there for the one we did in club. I added the clear sparkles to the flourish, also added was the work play along with the journaling and a second green flower matte. This was a layout adapted from CTMH workshop on the go program. The flowers are made from the Easter Eggs set and the flourish came from Free Spirit and the other images came from Priceless Love stamp sets. The paper used was Creative Basics Emporium Collection along with Vanilla Cream and Chocolate card stock. The one flower I used a corduroy brad from the winter cozy collection and the other one has a french knot using the vineyard berry ribbon which comes in the basics collection.

If you notice the edge around the layout that was done using sweet leaf ink pad and a brayer along with the template I made. CTMH instructions was to make the design by taking the Bayer in a curving motion, I found this to be to difficult so I made a template. If you want to make your own take a strip of paper and cut it a quarter of an inch shorter then your page size. Not to make it too difficult I then divided the paper into fourth and in one fourth cut a curve, then using the piece I cut I traced it on to the other Fourths. Now place your template on your paper and ink up the brayer and then roll away, you will need to re ink and apply as many time until you get your desired shade, then move the template to the other side matching up the edge to the side you just inked. Repeat until all sides are done. This techniques is endless, other ideas are to use a different color on each curve, or every other one,just cover up the areas you do not want colored. Another idea is to make a template from some of the fancy precut papers you may buy and ink all around the edges so it looks like you used one of your 4.00 pieces of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment