Monday, August 17, 2009

Look what you get when you play, Shimmer Paper

















I wish you could tell what I did to the pictures, but you will have to take my word for it. I was playing with CTMH Create-a-Shade Pearl paint a couple of weeks ago, see I had shimmery and metallic paper and I wanted another plain piece of cardstock to match so I decided to play around and painted on a coat of Create-a-Shade to see how it would look. Well, it did not show enough of the navy color under it so I decided to add some rubbing alcohol to see if it would make it more translucent and it did but still not quiet enough. I used rubbing alcohol because it dries quicker and will not cause your paper to warp much. My next step went to a mister bottle almost filled with alcohol and a good squirt of Create-a-Shade and shake well then mist it on to your paper and wa la I now had shimmery paper and you could still see the design. The layout above I used it on all of the paper but the stripe since it already was purchased with that look, and you can barely tell the difference. A tip though is to practice misting to get the idea of how far you want to hold the mister from the paper and you may have to let it dry and reapply more. You can add a few drops of reinker to give a different sheen. I made gold with Creme
Brulee. The stamp set I used for the card was CTMH October stamp of the month Holiday Warmth along with Baby Pink and White Daisy cardstock, silver embossing powder. A money saving tip instead of using Ranger ink mister bottles I used empty hand sanitizer misting bottles which I found near the check out at Wal-Mart, a way to go green.


No comments:

Post a Comment