Friday, February 27, 2009

Valentine's






Here are some of the valentines I made for family and friends. The first two were made using Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. To get the look of chocolate I used chocolate cardstock from Close to my Heart and inked it up with my Versa Pad then covered it with the embossing powder, heated and as soon as it had a glassy look I then put more powder on and heated again, repeating this over for at least four times. I then stamped my image in as soon as I was done heating then removed stamp, (this will not harm your stamp). For the one card I then cut out the heart, and for both of them I then used my sponge dauber and applied timber brown Stazon ink to give it a more chocolaty look. Papers i used were from That's Amore and the stamp set was Soul Mates Word Puzzle. The last card I used Struck by Love with the Write 'n' Rub pen to apply the Prisma Glitter and the scalloped boarder was made from Easter Eggs stamp set and yes those are eggs, just not all of it shown. The ink used was Blush and Chocolate along with More to Adore paper, one of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. FYI: I am keeping the Valentine you sent to me in my special box of keepsake cards. That was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete