Friday, December 28, 2012

American Girl Doll House

This was my daughters Christmas gift from us, it was six months in planning though only four weeks to build and decorate. It is two feet deep, eight and half feet long and seven feet tall.
The kitchen appliances were from eBay and they are from the 50's.  My husband and father made the island and the cabinets hanging are from Hobby Lobby.  The hanging lights are for lockers, I used Velcro to secure them.
I stamped the walls with a stamp set from Close to My Heart.  The bed was a brass bed I painted, and the dresser was from Hobby Lobby which I painted and covered with paper.  The desk my husband made.
Made to look like Kit's room from the movie.
The floor was painted to look like tile.
The bunk beds Jeff and I made a few years ago for Emily.
I recovered the sofa and chair.  Jeff made the fireplace and the bricks I made from egg cartons.

1.I will update later with more pictures.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Did u use laminate for the hardwood flooring? if so what kind? i am having trouble find cheap right sized laminate for ours but dont want to use contact paper the real wood is so much cooler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your AG house. My daughter got a house from her Grandfather in January and we are still in the process of decorating it. I love the way you made Kits attic bedroom :) Your attention to detail in each room is awesome! You make some of the furniture! WOW! Our house measures about 6 feet by 6 feet and takes up a wall in my daughters bedroom. We already want to add more rooms :)
    I am also a scrapbooker and use CTMH products . Glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You did a wonderful job! I made a very large house for my daughter's AG Dolls, so I have a great appreciation for all the moms out there that take the time to make these. My daughter's house is an 8ftx12ft room, the house has 4 levels around the room and 32 rooms for the dolls. Feel free to check it out! www.dollcuriosities.com. I love the flooring you used, and your rooms have great details. Really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the modular design of this doll house, not to mention the amazing decorations! What are the dimensions of the rooms? And how did you construct the boxes? Thanks so much for your advice.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete